Spiced Wine Fire Punch
- 2 oranges, juiced (or 1 cup orange juice)
- 2 apples
- 1 cup (¼ liter) hard cider
- 4 cups (1 liter) wine, red
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 8 sticks cinnamon
- Sugar cubes
- 151 Bacardi rum, as needed
- Sugar, to taste
- Cut oranges in half and juice.
- Pour red wine in a large pot. Add the orange juice through a sieve to get rid of pulp.
- Add cider, cloves and half the cinnamon sticks and bring to a simmer, but do not boil.
- Cut apple in ⅓ – ½ inch (1 cm) slices, leaving the peel on and the star in the middle intact. Put the center slices with a star aside and add the rest of the ends to the punch.
- To serve, pour punch in a heat resistant glass.
- Take the center slices with the inner star shape and clean the holes of the seeds and tough lining, making sure to keep the star shape intact.
- Carefully place the apple slice on the punch, so it floats on top.
- Pour a little bit of the rum in a glass, heat-safe dish. Have another glass nearby to hold the spoon you will use to move the sugar to the apple.
- Soak sugar cube in rum and place it over the star in the glass.
- Carefully, with a lighter, set sugar cube on fire until you see the sugar bubbling and a blue flame.
- If necessary, carefully add small amounts of rum on the sugar cube with a spoon to keep it burning until the sugar is melted.
- Stir with a cinnamon stick and enjoy immediately while it is still hot. If not sweet enough, repeat sugar cube flaming step or add more sugar to the hot drink.
Source: Buzzfeed Tasty